36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have in my 75:

6 juvenile gobies (ikola) - waiting to sort out a pair
6 quite small black calvus - waiting to sort out a pair
3 juvenile paracyps - need to find more, I know
A small colony of multies
3 BN pleco's

I tried having some juli transcriptus in there and things didn't work out. I don't know if I want to try them again either.

Anything else I could put in there?

When I originally asked, buescheri came up as a substitute for the transcriptus.

However, at the time I never asked about sand sifters. Any chance of putting them in there? For instance:

http://bluegrassaquatics.com/callochrom ... -head.html

I believe is a sand sifter, but I can't find this specific species anywhere.

Also, I was told to be careful with most neolamps with the multies. The multies are my buddies and I want to protect and keep them first and foremost.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I believe is a sand sifter, but I can't find this specific species anywhere.
They are a sand sifter. That's a smaller callochromis, but is aggressive toward females and is probably not a good idea for a 4' community mix. It'd need (to be their best) six feet and plenty of hideouts for females. Males bicker, females are pushed into hiding. I'm having a hard time keeping c. melanostigma females alive.

The buescheri will probably be more aggresive and more of a problem than the juli's were.

Paracyps and rock dwellers aren't going to mix well. You'll be challenged to get them to co-exist with the calvus. So, I wouldn't add another rock dweller.

If you beef up the paracyps numbers (as you should) you're going to have a full tank. I wouldn't add anything else.

·
Registered
790 Posts
The fish your looking at is callochromis stappersi. Not to sure on specific location however. They would do ok in your tank, but when they start to breed I could see the male taking up at least half your tank. Just put the multi on one side of the tank a few rocks in the middle and then leave the other side open with sand. Its worth a shot there very fun fish to keep. Stay away from callochromis macrops as I have seen these guy take up a intire 125G 6' tank. Its just personal experience. they seem a bit more aggressive. You could also try callochromis pleurospilus

·
Registered
790 Posts
[/quote]

Paracyps and rock dwellers aren't going to mix well. You'll be challenged to get them to co-exist with the calvus. So, I wouldn't add another rock dweller.

[/quote]

Why not have payacyps and alto's in the same tank. Its one of my favorite combo's. Both never bother each other and the alto will stay to the bottom of the rock while payacyps tend to stay higher up, if you stack the rocks that is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.