Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have currently a 65 galllon tank with the same foot print as a 75 gallon tank. i have 4 malawi's in it now (2 Metriaclima lombardoi, Labidochromis caeruleus, and Albino Red-Top). my question is should add more malawi's or just keep it how it is? and by the way will my current fish work out in the long run? thanks

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
you have plenty of room to add more fish. im not sure of the exact dimensions of your tank, but you could easy have atleast 12 4-5" fish. you could possibly get away with more if you have food filtration, 10x turnover or better and keep up water changes.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Your tank is way understocked at the moment, you could have another 15 easy, aslong as your filteration is upto scratch and can handle the bio load of the amount of fish stocked :thumb:

what is the exact dimesions ??

·
Registered
847 Posts
The kenyi (lombardoi) might cause problems in your setup. If you want to keep them, you should get 1 male and 3-5 females. You'll also need to up the numbers of the labs to 6 or more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the reply's everyone. wow so, i should have at least 10 fish in there? the thank is 48L x 18W x 18H. today i added one more yellow lab and this guy not sure what he is though ==>

so a few more yellow labs and a couple female kenyi should finish the tank? would i be able to add 2 Bristlenose Plecostomus?

·
Super Moderator
40,482 Posts
But you should add to your existing species rather than add additional species.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts