Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
i have a 4x2x2 tank with 9 xenotilapia ochrogenys makola and 9 cyprichromis leptosoma utina in it but i was just wondering what else i could possibly put in there.
Could i add a small group of Cyathopharynx furcifer or should i go with a more of a rock dweller such as calvus or Spathodus erythrodon

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sounds to me like you've got a nice tank already. Why do you feel you're missing something that compels you to add another species?

Calvus would probably work fine, but xenos & cyps make such a great combination by themselves, I personally wouldn't add anything.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
It does sound like a great tank. :thumb: You are talking about a 120 gallon tank, right? I would still avoid featherfins- they'll compete with the xenos even in large tanks. First thing I'd do would be to add more Utinta.

A peaceful rock dweller like A. calvus or N. caudopunctatus would work. You can add a school of 10-20 paracyps (they don't cross breed with cyps, as far as we've seen). A laid back shell dweller (brevis) or a small one like multies could be added. Avoid stappersi or occelatus variants- they can be too territorial for xenos.

With any of the substrate spawners, put their rocks or shells in a corner of the tank, leaving much of the sand for the xenos.

My final stocking list for this tank would be something like:

20 Cyp Utinta
15 Paracyps
9 Xenos
6 Brevis
6 Calvus

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for everyones help *** gone with a young pair of altolamprologus compressiceps 'sumbu' hopefully this will fit in well and im still on the hunt for some more leptos but there hard to come by where i live

1 - 5 of 5 Posts