Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i will be setting up a 125 mbuna tank with a fluval fx5. what do you think about these fish for inhabitants i will have a bunch of rocks and caves for hideing. there tempermants range from peacefull to mildly agressive. do you think it will be a big problem i will probally get 1 male and 3 females of each. or try to alteast. will they cross breed or do they stick to their own kind. any suggestions or red flags you see please let me know. thanks

Labidochromis caeruleus (Lion's Cove I), Cynotilapia afra (Nkhata Bay), Labeotropheus fuelleborni (Hora Mhango)

·
Registered
188 Posts
So your only going to put 12 fish in there? If that's the case you might as well go with a 75 gallon tank

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Looks like a good starting mix to me. Let me know if you find the Labeo. fuelleborni Hora Mhango - as I have yet to see them on any stocklist or on any site.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why_spyder said:
Looks like a good starting mix to me. Let me know if you find the Labeo. fuelleborni Hora Mhango - as I have yet to see them on any stocklist or on any site.
that comes to my next question. does anyone know a good online site to order fish from??? the local fish stores around here dont carry chiclids that often?

·
Registered
99 Posts
you might not be able to find Labeotropheus fuelleborni (Hora Mhango), however you can find great looking Lab. fuelleborni from a different location. Your stock list sounds great to me, I would bump up the numbers of each if your going to stay with three groups. Look around online (aquabid, sponser sites) for something you like, I have never had a problem buying online and the fish tend to be a little better off then what you would get at most LFS.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
moonlight said:
you can find great looking Lab. fuelleborni from a different location...

I have never had a problem buying online and the fish tend to be a little better off then what you would get at most LFS.
I agree with this completely. There are many great variants of Labeo. fuelleborni - the latest I have seen that I like (and have) is the Katale/Katale Island variant.

Online offers so much more versus most local fish stores.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.