Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add some schooling fish with cichlids. I am thinking firemout, con, and a green terror. Can I have tiger barb school of about 5 in there? Will they not being killed? IF not what kind of schooling fish can I have with these cichlids? Can I have clown loaches for bottom feeders?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
alright, aggression problems are a big problem for a mix like this, as none of the above generally back down, so you may end up with a Green Terror lol, as far as schooling fish to go with them, if you wanna leave out the green terror, tigers are generally a good option, but with the green terror, id say Giant danios or Buenos Ares tetras are better options. the clown loaches should be fine, *** kept clowns with all of the above, make sure they arent eatable for the cichlids though, try and buy them at 3-4".

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have a GT with a male Con and 6 giant Danios. The GT and the Con are buddies. The GT was pretty mad about the Danios when I first got them....they're really spastic. He couldn't catch them and finally gave up. Now he acts like he doesn't even notice them. As far as GTs go he is a very mean one. I was trying to find him a mate but he was too mean to accept any. Danios are very active and swim in the middle of the tank. They give you a lot to look at. Silver Dollars are also an option. They are not as active as the Danios. They do have a cool shape though. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Tiger barbs are sitting ducks when they go into that "head down" sleeping position. Not a problem unless you have a fish large enough to eat them. My gt ate them like popcorn after lights out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts