Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have me a heavly planted 20g long, that is going to be open soon, cause I am moving the vics that are in it to a 55g soon. I am wanting to put another cichlid species in it, but I am not sure what species would do well with the water since it is 7.8, and I believe is hard, and like I said it is really heavy planted with plants I don't think any cichlid would have interest in eating, but I would like some that wouldn't tear them all up.

Any ideas are welcome! Right now I am not really picky on the origin of the cichlids, so any suggestions from lake tang to CA would be great!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adrian101 said:
rams? Or other dwarfs. That would be my suggestion.
Yeah I like them, but I am not sure how well they would do in my water without me lowering the pH and Hardness.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
You could always pick a Tanganyikan shelldweller species, or a smaller Tang such as a dwarf Julidochromis, Telmatochromis vittatus or one of a number of Neolamprologus species. If you plan well, you might be able to keep two species.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
If you have harder water, a pair of the smaller central americans would be ideal. Rainbows for instance, or sajica.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fogelhund said:
You could always pick a Tanganyikan shelldweller species, or a smaller Tang such as a dwarf Julidochromis, Telmatochromis vittatus or one of a number of Neolamprologus species. If you plan well, you might be able to keep two species.
Yeah, I like the shellies, but with it being as planted as it is there wouldn't be a lot of room for their shells......On the rock dwellers could I keep atleast pair of them in the tank?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
You can keep a pair of brevis with just one shell in the tank. Or you could go for caudopunks, they don't even need a shell to spawn in. Maybe you should try some dwarf puffers or another interesting fish with personality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts