Cichlid Fish Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The plexiglass we're going for is probably going to come in around 0.75 cm thick, is that still to thin? We could use glass.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Have you priced a sheet of 75mm plexiglass? Could be a few hundred bucks. Shame to have it go funky after that expense. Another plexi drawback imo, it scratches easily, becomes somewhat opaque with age and overall looks crappy after a time. Advantage is lightweight, but who cares when dealing with a setup approaching 3000 lbs?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi, everyone the plexiglass caps were supposed to give this aquarium some extra height, for snags but still being contained.I think I will skip that idea. We have a few connections to people who make plexiglass shields, but I have not gotten an estimate. I will definitely just use glass, because of the faults that oscar6 pointed out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Deeda said:
What are these plastic/plexi caps you are talking about?
I'm unable to find a good image to attach but basically it's a raised lid (cap) that sits several inches above the height of the aquarium. Depending upon the sidewall dimension choice they can sit up several inches to provide clearance for aquascaping.

Regards,
Stu

·
Registered
80 Posts
fishybuisness said:
... My father has kept very large reef aquariums before, as well as my uncle I'm not going into this unprepared, but thanks for your concern :lol:.This will be a new experience, but I am by no means rushing into it. This aquarium means a lot to me so I am not just going ahead without thinking, I have been thinking researching this idea for years. ...

Good to know! =D> If you've got a well seasoned reef crew at your disposal all should go well. I'm looking forward to photos of your build as things progress.

Regards,
Stu

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
back to the stocking. as auballagh pointed out i do not want to over stock it, and have less species. so what about this for a stocking list?
- 10-15 b. cupido or another smaller earth-eater
- 6 bolivian rams, plus 4-6 half grown ones in my aquarium right now
- 9-12 apistogramma macelinsis 3m 6-9 females
- and/or 1 to 2 trio(s) red breasted acara or laetacara dosigera
- 20-40 cardinal tetras
- 10-15 red pencils maybe? this is already a lot.
- 2 albino bristlenose plecos.
too much? let me know, also i have attached some drawings of this aquarium.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Yes.
LESS SPECIES - MORE FISH.
-
And yes, the species and stocking numbers you would like to put in this monster tank, look pretty good.
-
-
Plus, you have a PM..... 'PADAWON'. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
hey everyone i was going to purchase a trio or 2 of laetacara dosigera but it has come to my attention that the online shop i was going to purchase from also carries laetacara araguaiae, this species is not profileed in the CF catalouge i realize that this species has not been poularized very much compared to other laetacra species. i am wondering if they would also be good fish in this aquarium! thanks, here is an image of one that

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.