·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what i currently have:

Breeding group of White top Harra.
1 male Red sholder peacock
2 yellow labs (possibly a M/F)

I want to get several different types of male peacocks so i dont plan to breed these in this tank. I basicly want to get more greeding groups options but want to avoid crossbreading.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Are you saying you want to add male peacocks and you are not going to breed peacocks?

But you do want to breed mbuna so you want more breeding groups of them?

My hara killed peacocks so I can't recommend that combination.

Labs seem to be most successful with peacocks. And how about Acei?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i want to have a variety of male peacocks but will not have any females in the tank to avoid them cross breading.

I want to add additional breeding groups if possible but want avoid cross breeding. Thats what im asking about.

I will have to watch the male Hara. He is doing ok with the 1 peacock so far and has been in another community tank with peacocks and labs previously. He is the dominant fish in the tank though for sure.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
So maybe acei. The only other mbuna that has a really good chance of being peaceful with peacocks.

Or maybe a hap breeding group.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DJRansome said:
So maybe acei. The only other mbuna that has a really good chance of being peaceful with peacocks.

Or maybe a hap breeding group.
Thanks for the advice. I have been considering the Protomelas sp. (Taiwanee Reef)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After doing a bunch of research here is what im thinking about doing:

3-4 white top hara
4-5 male peacocks
?? acei

How many acei should i get in order to keep the agression down and spread out on these guys? Maybe 6-8? The haras pretty much keep to themselves right now but the peacock likes to boss the smaller fish around. The biggest male hara is still the boss when he steps up.

BTW, i removed the yellow labs. With only having 2 of them they quickly became the peacocks target and i just didnt really care for them either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts