Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just purchased a weird sized 220G tank. It's 6'L x 3'H x 20"W. So, it's really tall and I don't want to do too much aquascaping as I can reach the bottom without climbing on top of it. Plus it has euro bracing, which makes it that much harder to get into it. What Tangs would work in a taller tank? I was thinking sand sifters for the bottom and cyps for the top, but other suggestions are what I'm looking for. thanks!
w

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know too much about featherfins, but they look really nice. Good idea. Are they a top water or midwater fish?

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
willz said:
I don't know too much about featherfins, but they look really nice. Good idea. Are they a top water or midwater fish?
Males will build spawning pits and constantly chase females and sub males out of it. Impressive fish, but can get very dull watching them do the same thing over and over. Circle, chase, circle, chase...

Tropheus, once adults, will benefit from the taller tank. The females will actually have somewhere to go when chased by males.

Build a rock wall or DIY background with caves and do paracyprichromis nigripinnis with some xeno's or enants. This would be my choice of the three.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I used to ahve featherfins in a 180. I think that is the only fish I ever got rid of that I had regrets about. I had them with cyprichromis. Featherfins don't handle stress from other fish well so you have to be careful about what goes in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the ideas everyone! Now, I just have to get the tank up and running before I get the fish. I just finished polishing it (it was used acrylic). I have to build the stand and get the filters lined up. I'll post pics once I get it set up. I have tropheus (9 W/C Ikolas and 12 juvies) in a 120G, julies (6), calvus (6), fronts (2) and brichardi (2) in a 125G, but have been looking to try many of the fish mentioned here. I like the idea of featherfins and also sand sifters look awesome. Nigripinnis are so shy (from what I have seen). I also have a 8' 240G that I am thinking of doing fronts and benthos, but that will take some time to get the coin to buy them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts