Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 55 gallon is up and running, right now it is stocked with 2 plecos 8in and a 3in / 1 4in clown loch/ 1 4in catfish/ and 1 Krib. I'm wanting to do my tank based on Aulonocara species, I would like to keep the Krib and catfish but would like to know about the plecos and the clown loch, I was given these fish with the tank and I know clowns are best in groups and the 1 pleco is very big. 1) What would be a good stock list?
2)Can I keep an adult Krib with Auloncara peacocks?
3)I am interested in any of these species Rubescens,Baenschi or I also like
the RubyGreen vics.
4) Would it be better in the long run to get only one of these species say 1 or 2 males with some females or should I get all males? 5) stocking options, fish total
Thanks in advance love the site

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
The Clown Loach would be fine, and you could probably add a couple more.

The single adult krib should be fine with most Aulonocara.

Whether you have all males, or males and females is up to you. I've always enjoyed having males and females, and raising some fry. Out of the Peacocks you've listed, I would go with some nice baenschi, and get a group of about 10 youngsters and see how they get along as they grow up. Remove overly aggressive males, or ones that don't match the quality you are looking for.

If you want something else in the tank, get a school of rainbow fish, such as M. lacustris.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts