Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I currently have a 55 gallon heavily decorated with lots of hiding spots. I have 2 convicts, 1 Salvini, 2 electric blue Acaras, 1 pictus catfish and 6 giant danios. All the cichlids in the tank are female and are about 2 inches, so no worry about aggression from breeding. I am about to upgrade to 100 gallon 60×18×18 and was wondering if I could get any advice on how these guys should co-exist as they grow, and also if it's smart/advisable to maybe add 2 fire mouths while they are all young. So far the only "aggression" is between the 2 convicts. They like to chase each other around but no serious fighting has occurred. And advice or tips? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kind if what I was thinking as well. The Acaras seem very peaceful and as of now they seem to be doing well, but like I said they are all small so I'm sure that could change overnight. If I kept an all female tank, of the con, slavin and FM all around the same size, is there a general rule "appropriate number" of these to house together? I would really like to have 6 to 8 cichlids in total. I know if I keep female they will all be around 4 to 6 inches at adulthood. Would be that be too risky to try? I'm open for some aggression and adjustment I just dont want to set it up to fail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts