Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I recently got given a complete aquarium setup, the tank is a strange size though, and would like your guys suggestions for stocking it. The dimensions are Length 2000mm x Height 1000mm x Width 300mm.

The trouble is at that height and width, it's going to be a strange tank to landscape.

I'm thinking maybe emulating roots descending to the bottom of a planted tank with mostly tall plants (suggestions welcome), but do you think it would be fair to put Angelfish in a tank of that width? Always lent more towards Tanganyikans, and maybe doing a simpler layout with more striking fish, @ 600 litre volume, a nice colony of Tropheus would be cool, but again, the 300mm width seems a little unfair to these fish.

What would you suggest be done with a space like that?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I vote for the tanganyikans, I don't see any problem putting tropheus in a tank that size( according to my conversion, it's 6' 6" x 1' )

·
Registered
252 Posts
Is that not 6'6"L X 3'3" tall x 1' deep. Whew that is an odd one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yip, a very strange one. Its not really a question of if they will survive in there, but more a moral question. Is it good to them... Maybe large group of Cyps would be an idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts