Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
41,643 Posts
Welcome to Cichlid-forum!

I would not stock the existing tank with the future tank in mind. Don't do #2 or 3 or 4 or 5.

I would do #1 and swap out the yellow labs with barring and missing dorsal stripe (not yellow labs) and be ruthless...only have the quality you want if you want to save fry.

I would rehome the Lwanda and dragon blood and Taiwan reef. The tank will then be properly stocked.

·
Administrator
41,643 Posts
In general you want haps and peacocks OR mbuna but not both. Note that the milomo is an aggressive 11" fish. Leave lots of room for him and don't stock wimpy haps or peacocks like stuartgranti peacocks.

Assuming the 65G is 48x12 and rectangle shape? I would stick to labs and acei if you are going haps and peacocks in the 72" tank.

If you end up not being able to get the 72" tank I'd rethink the acei.

·
Administrator
41,643 Posts
We don't count the bowed out front, so stock it like a 55G. Three small and peaceful species. You could keep the yellow labs and swap out the acei for Cynotilapia sp. hara. Skip the maingano in that tank size and the msobo with the yellow labs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.