Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is my first post and i am looking for some help with stocking my 55 gal. aquarium with preferably tangyinikan cichlids sorry if i misspelled.
fish list:1 large sailfin pleco 7 lyretail mollies 4 angelfish 1 african brown knifefish and 1 blood red parrot. all fish do well together so far but what i want to know is (if i could find a home for them) what fish have to go and what fish to introduce i have a small rockpile in the center with some different species of amazon sword on the sides. i have a heater and 2 hang on back power filters both rated for an aquarium my size so twice the minimum GPH. thank you all

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
Welcome to Cichlid-forum!

If I wanted to do Tangs, I would rehome all the current fish. And check the gph because I like to shoot for at least 4X hourly but 7X is just right for me.

A nice stocking for a 55G would be one shellie, one rock dweller species and an open water species. For example, 6 Lamprologus multifasciatus, a pair of Altolamprologus calvus (buy six, end up with a pair) and 12 Cyprochromis utinta.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts