Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just needed some advice on my stocking. Could I put maybe one or more peacocks in this tank? What about some more O.b.s? here is my stock list as of now
4 FM zebra obliquidens
1 M zebra obliquidens
1 Kyoga flameback
1 M aulonocara jacobfreibergi
1 OB peacock
1 FM pelvicachromis pulcher "Krib"
1 clown loach
1 pleco
1 synodontis catfish
this is a 55 gallon tank filtering approx, 550 gph
here are some pics

·
Registered
623 Posts
At a quick glance I would take out the krib, clown, and pleco. Kribs are shy and a single krib may not do well. If you had more it may work as I have 3 in my African tank. Clown loaches are recommended in groups and can get very big as well. I would skip the pleco unless you plan on getting a smaller species like a bristlenose. Also 2-3 syno cats would be better at the least.

G

·
from what i understand victorians especially the kyoga flameback wont show any color without any females around... i have a regular flameback and ruby green in with my haps and they basically arent colored up at all... i have 3 kyogo flamebacks growing out ima toss them in there hoping one or more is a female and that will make the rest fire up...not sure if the zebras will make the kyoga fire up... dont know how good that krib would do in there either.. they are a lil too timid to be in with an ob and a jake i think....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I have moved the Krib to my 20 gal. long, and the pleco and jake were taken out and replaced with a albino bristlenose. I added three sunshine peacocks two males one female and a male ruby green all my males are coloring up with the only females being zebras and one sunshine oh well if it works it works

1 - 4 of 4 Posts