Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I plan to put in this tank, most will be in the 2-3" range, and will hopefully be trio's. Let me know if there are any potential conflicts or problems. Will the peacocks crossbreed? Will the Copadichromis crossbreed?

-6 Aulonacara Dragonblood/Ruby Crystal
-3 Aulonocara stuartgranti (Chiwindi)
-5 Tramitichromis sp. "Intermedius"
-3 Otopharynx lithobates (Zimbawe Rocks)
-3 Copadichromis trewavasae (Mloto Likoma)
-3 Copadichromis azureus
-3 Copadichromis borleyi "Red Fin"

Tank is a 125g with Sand and 100lbs of Lace rock.

Thanks, Kurt

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gibbs said:
There isn't much point have two males of the same species either, because you will end up have a sub-dominate male who will fail to colour up to it's full potential.
I intend on having only one male per species if at all possible. The groups of fish larger than 3 I got as fry/juvies.

Thanks for the advice. Keep it coming people!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hollyfish2000 said:
Purely a personal opinion -- I don't think the dragon's blood peacocks look very natural. Why not substitute a trio of ruby reds? Or may a trio of Red Empresses? You have a large enough tank for them.

You have a nice large tank. You might also consider 5 or so p. acei, which are nice.
The DB peacocks I bought kind of on a whim. They are OK looking so far. Hopefully they get the full color going soon. And yes I agree they do look a little unnatural, which I'm not a fan of. But everyone else in the house likes them because they are bright.

I was shying away from red empresses, because they are herbivores and everything else in the tank will be carnivores. Is that a legit concern?

And the acei are not available from where I will be buying next week.

Thanks! Keep it coming!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that i've looked again, Red Empresses aren't available either. But I was considering Taiwan reef's instead. Would a herbivore have problems in this tank? I plan on feeding a fairly high protein diet.

I have the color blue covered, now I want to make sure there is some Yellow and Red/Orange to go with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.