Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK everyone this is my 1st post. I recently got a good deal on a 210 gallon tank from my wifes cousin. I was leaning toward all Mbunas but after talking to my LFS they suggested mixing it with Peacocks too due to the size of the tanks. I'VE been kepping fish for many of years even gone so far as to raise a spawn of angelfish , kept a few Africans but not anything on this level. I'm sure there will be many more questions but this is the 1st. looking forward to all input

·
Super Moderator
40,490 Posts
What are the dimensions of the tank that will have the fish in it. IMO the sump does not really add to the capacity.

You would be pretty restricted on the mbuna you could stock once peacocks are in the mix.

·
Super Moderator
40,490 Posts
Which do YOU want? Is he hoping for a bigger sale by including peacocks?

For a 72" mbuna tank I like five species with 1m:4f of each depending on the species.

·
Super Moderator
40,490 Posts
After experimenting, that is the number I like for mixed gender of fish that mature <= six inches. You could push the envelope with one more group of 5 depending on species. You have a little extra room with the 24" depth.

For all male I like 18 individuals.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definitely like the Saulosi, Rusty,and the red zebras,other interests are theTrewavasae Red top and,or the ndumbi red top the cobalt blue zebras look nice too

·
Super Moderator
40,490 Posts
Avoid the ndumbi and choose one Metriaclima...what about swapping the acei for the cobalt blue zebra?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK I am a little confused. The Red Zebra is a Metriaclima correct? And I am not Sure which one I listed is a Acei. I have been looking at the stock on <vendor name removed> site. is there a better place to shop?

·
Super Moderator
40,490 Posts
You did not list acei. You listed cobalt blue zebra which is a Metriaclima and you already have the red zebra Metriaclima estherae.

I will send you a PM for your other question.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, so the saulosi,Rusty,Red Zebra,Trewavasae Red Top And the yellow tail Acei is a Combination that will Work? and thanks for the pm.

·
Super Moderator
40,490 Posts
Sounds good. Do 1m:7f on the trewavasae since they are aggressive.

·
Super Moderator
40,490 Posts
I would not do them with the saulosi...two blue barred fish. Hongi females are drab.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts