Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 120G thats been going fine now for just over a month. Got a few fish in it (4 Yellow Labs, 3 Acei's, 1 Electric Blue). Most are 1"-2"... the Electric Blue is about 3"-4". I'm looking to add a bunch more by the local places don't have a great selection. Thus I'm looking to stock from online retailers (still looking through the review section of the site for some good ones).

My trick is I want to add a bunch at one time since shipping is so pricy and I'm thinking this will just be easier. Looking to add Giraffe's, Cobue's, Azureus's, Likoma's, Cuckoo Catfish & another Electric Blue... total of about 10-15 fish total form the 9 or so I have now.

Is this an ok approach or should I work harder to slowly introduce them into the tank? Better to get bigger guys or smaller?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You are fine adding them all now, assuming your bioload can handle it. I would try to get fish around the same size and grow them out together. Buying online is usually most effective when you buy several fish, as you know, to reduce shipping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts