Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to decide what to stock in 2 75's i have 13 types but cant choose, was hoping could get help in narrowing down and which to put with which. i know 4 species for a 75 but would five work with any of these (i like them all, wish i could keep them all)

Cynotilapia afra (Cobue)
Labeotropheus fuelleborni (OB) or labeotropheus trewavasae red top
Pseudotropheus sp. "Perspicax Orange cap"
Cynotilapia sp. "Lion" mara rocks
Pseudotropheus polit
Pseudotropheus saulosi

Metriaclima sp. "Msobo"
Cynotilapia axelrodi
Pseudotropheus demasoni (Mozambique)
Tropheops sp. ''Elongatus Boadzulu'' Kanchedza Island
Labidochromis var. ''Super Red Top Kimpuma''
Metriaclima sp. ''Elongatus Chewere'' Chewere

thanks for the help

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
I've had best success with three species in a 75 gallon, but sometimes four will work. If you are going with demasoni in one of the tanks, you'll want 15-20 juveniles, and will need to stick to three species in that tank.

I would immediately drop the perspicax... just a very aggressive fish, that can cause issues. I also wouldn't mix any of saulosi/demasoni/msobo.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was going to keep saulosi and mosbo seperate to have the yellow females in each tank for the color. i was told the mozambique arent as aggressive as the pombo rocks. or is it still good to keep high numbers of them anyway?

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
I've never kept the mozambique, so not really sure. I've seen them, and they really aren't anywhere near as nice as the Pombo's.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Fogelhund said:
I've never kept the mozambique, so not really sure. I've seen them, and they really aren't anywhere near as nice as the Pombo's.
Agreed. I think they get a good bit bigger as well.

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
How attached are you to the Cyno Mara Rocks? Cuno Lion, Lions Cove & Sanga are supposedly a lot less aggressive..

If were me,

Tank 1
Cyno Cobue
Cyno Lion Lions Cove or Sanga
Psuedo Saulosi

As for Tank 2, I don't know if I would mix any 3 of those together in a 75..

You could do Labeo Trewavasae (Red Top?), Demasoni & Polit.. I am really partial to Cyno's so I would swap the Polit for Cyno Hara...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts