Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up a 56Gal malawi aquarium and have the next stock in mind. Suggestions/tips are more than welcome!

3 Pseudotropheus demasoni
3 Labidochromis caeruleus
3 Aulonocara rubescens (red peacock) or 3 Metriaclima lombardoi

I'm not planning on overstocking, so about 10 fish will be the max
Of each kind I'm thinking 1 male and 2 females.

thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
If your doing demasoni I would either do just 1 or a group of 12-15. Is this a 4ft tank? I would skip the lombardoi and red peacocks altogether. You could try a large group of demasoni and a small group of Labs

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
Yes what are the dimensions and shape of the tank. 1m:2f is difficult to manage for most Malawi. I would not try it for demasoni. I would also avoid lombardoi unless you have a tank that is 48x18 or larger (75G).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked the same question in a different forum and I got about the same recommendations. I'll prob go with a group of Demasoni or Saulosi and a group of Yellows.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I would try 1 species, either a small group of labs or saulosi. I wouldn't think the Dems would work too good in a 30" tank.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I second the recommendation to not do demasoni in a 30" tank. A group of Saulosi would be great in that size tank and pretty much the same color scheme as the labs and dems

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
A 30" tank is very small for Malawi and if you want to try anything at all, I would do a species tank of saulosi. There was a Member long ago that had success with this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts