Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what i want in my tank lemme know what yall think...:)

i want them to be happy so if someone needs to be axed lemme know...
how many of each should i get...sex? etc!!!

110g

Astatotilapia Latifasciata
Cynotilapia Afra Cobue
Cynotilapia sp. "Hai Reef"
Labidochromis caeruleus
Protomelas Taeniolatus (RED)
Pseudotropheus flavus
Pseudotropheus sp “Perspicax Orange Capâ€

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not sure but if you're looking to do some breeding this is what I would do...

With the Astatotilapia I read that they should be kept in groups of six or more, six is good. Get one or two males

Two cyno species may be a bit dangerous with crossbreeding and aggression, so choose your fave. Get one male for every three females, I'm going to have one with four. With one male aggression is kept to a minimum, more breeding will occur, and your fish will probably be less stressed. :thumb:

The ratio of labs is of no concern (you'd have to vent anyway) as long as you have a good sized group, six or seven, they'll be happy.

The protomelas you could go with one male and three females and be fine.

I've read that both of you're Psuedo's can be quite aggressive, which in turn will stress out your haps and victorians, as well as other fish too. Both are very cool species but you might go with a less aggressive species like saulosi and maybe throw in some mainganos (Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos). With the saulosi you want one male to three females and not sure on the mainganos but probably the same.

I'm not sure how the victorians will mix in and again about the psuedotropheus's and cyno's.
Hope this helped and I'm sure someone else can get you some more info. :D
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Buckeyereavis said:
Astatotilapia Latifasciata
Cynotilapia Afra Cobue
Cynotilapia sp. "Hai Reef"
Labidochromis caeruleus
Protomelas Taeniolatus (RED)
Pseudotropheus flavus
Pseudotropheus sp “Perspicax Orange Capâ€

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ITS A 110 G

i was planning on putting lava rock in the center half way up with tons of room all around.... i have decided to knock out the orange cap...and the Protomelas Taeniolatus (RED), i was told the flavus is nice and will do fine... with the vic too... the two main fish i want in there are the vic and the hai reef... <3 in love with those two....

any suggestions of tank mates... i like color... so :)

i dont know if i wat them breeding just because im new to the hobby so i dont know what i am doing as of today!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts