Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on placing an large order of fish through mail. Just wondering if the stock list is ok.

Tank size: 100g
Filter Fluval FX5
Cycled Tank.

Pseudotropheus Sp. (Elongatus Chewere) - 7
Pseudotropheus demasoni -30
Pseudotropheus polit - 8
Pseudotropheus "Perspicax Orange Cap" -11
Cynotilapia afra (Jalo Reef) 9
Labidochromis caeruleus - 8

Is having 4 different species of Pseudotropheus species recommended?

It'll be heavily stocked, but i have lots of rocks =) Thanks for any comments/suggestions.

-Garrett

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Demasoni, elongatus, and afra are all blue with black vertical stripes. They will all hate each other and make that known to you, their keeper, by beating on one another. I'd pick only 1 of those 3.

Is this a 4' tank? 5'?

·
Super Moderator
40,904 Posts
Even for a 72" tank it's a lot of fish. Maybe you are buying double and going to remove males until you have 1m:4f for each species? Except the demasoni of course. :)

I agree with choosing one species with blue bars.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I think your decision about the blue bar will be made easier for you. I don't think anyone has chewere in stock right now. The one source I've seen only has 3" males left. If you know of a source let me know in pm as I might need a second batch.

·
Registered
261 Posts
wow, good luck.Thats alot of fish for a 100g in my opinion

·
Registered
509 Posts
dielikemoviestars said:
Oh, I just realized that's, what, 73 fish? You're going to want to cut that number in half, no matter what species you go with.
That's a good catch. I have 32 2" juvies in my 100g right now. I plan on adding a few more juvies as things have settled, I can tell sex on them a bit, and I'm trying to get the right m/f ratio.

I can't see doing more than 25-30 3" adults long term in this size tank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll opt out the Afras and lower the count on the demasoni's by 1/2. As for the Chewere's and Demasoni's cohabiting in the same tank, it wasn't a problem on my previous tank. Those are prob 2 of my favorite Mbunas if i had to choose. I've never had Pseud. Polit's before, so just curious how they will fair with other Pseud species.

·
Registered
261 Posts
polits can hold their own against any1 dont worry about that

·
Super Moderator
40,904 Posts
I'd choose 5 species and do 20 demasoni and 1m:4f of the others. Not sure if you will need more females than that for the elongatus.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts