Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone tell me how to find the sticky on convicts by fish guy?I keep seeing heaps about it but I cant find it
Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I just like to learn as much as I can about new fish i aquire, and most of my questions seem to be fading as my fish settle in anyway.I was originally worried I didnt have a pair but they seem to be doing what they should i hope!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Well, here's one of my posts on them starting...
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/view ... highlight=

another
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/view ... highlight=
Riceburner said:
I got one male and one female.....results...

Riceburner said:
The pics span multiple spawns. I left them with the parents for the most part. I tried separating half a spawn once. They ended up smaller/less developed than the ones left with the parents. Those that didn't get eaten as they grew, I had to find homes for.

This is the only one I kept. Marsha....

Her mom...Connie
and dad, Marty...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Convicts are so easy to breed. 1) b/c it's easy to figure out which is the female (colored belly) and male.

Currently I have 30+ 4 day old fry. Most of them will probably be feeder fish for my flowerhorns and oscar. I will keep a few of them to grow out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have sand/small rocks in my tank. I turned out the lights and tried to go to bed. Couldn't sleep so came back out to the tank and noticed the parents were sleeping and some movement in the sand/rocks. Then slowly some of the fry pop up from the sand. Looks like the parents cover them in the sand/rocks when the lights go off. Slowly the fry get back to the parents. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cant wait, mine were locking lips this morning like they were fighting. but seem to be guarding the entrance to a terracotta pot that is partially covered by a flat rock. I hope this is what i think it is!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.