Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
yikes... I would not have guessed that a heater could literally blow out a glass wall.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the Stealth heaters first came out years ago.. I was a big supporter of the product... however....

All I can say now is that I would NOT be comfortable in recommending any of these heaters to any of my friends or family.

The insurance bill for the damages alone would devastate this hobby for me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had almost the same thing happen in my 20H killed everyone and cracked my tank along with melted my Aqua Clear.... I have just gone with the Petco brand heaters since then and " knock on wood " hasn't happen yet and my water is always typically perfect temp.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
This is a well documented issue from almost a year ago on other forums. They had a bad batch and the lot numbers are out there. I don't have them handy, but google it and you'll find them. I have several in use and checked to make sure I didn't have those lot numbers. My tanks and heaters are fine.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I like the regular old glass tube heaters. I think the ones I have are made by hydor. They've been running for years w/ no problems

1 - 10 of 10 Posts