Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a dumb question, but if a tank is stocked with baby cichlids, do they have a better chance of getting along as they mature?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, I've had so many problems trying to match already mature cichlids. Would a baby jd, fire mouth, and convict be an ok stocking for a 60 gallon, or would they be overcrowded once they are mature?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The odds would be better if started young but isn't a guarantee they will coexist. The jd will outgrow the other two. It really depends on the fish. I have owned all these fish and the one I don't own now is the firemouth. It was pretty aggressive in its juvie stage and never calmed down so it was removed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
definitely, I've found out that no amount of planning will equal a perfect set up haha. Is there a better stocking list that would have a higher probability of success?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I would say your on the right track for the gamble. I know of many people that keep cons and jds , and jds with firemouths. So I don't see that much of an issue for now untill maturity sets in and tank size might come into play.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Messed up post, power went out

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, Would it better to substitute a severum for the jd ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts