Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 Labidochromis Caeruleus (Lions Cove) electric yellow
4 Pseudotropheus sp. "Acei" (Msuli)
4 Metriaclima callainos (cobalt blue zebra)
In a 55 gallon tank.
Marine land canistor filter for 100 gallons
wave maker
bubble stick
2 heaters
sand
rocks
bamboo
Please any feedback.
I have some sp44 victorians 2 males 3 femals not sure if they can go with them or not?

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
I have no issues with your proposed stock list... just make sure that there is lots of hiding places, and that the callainos ratio is 1m 3+ females. Some specimens can be pretty aggressive, so you'll need to keep an eye out on things.

Personally, I might swap them out for a Cynotilapia type, such as Hara, who are a little smaller, and a little less aggressive... Plus a Hara has some barring, which your other choices don't.

You could put the vics in too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. Im trying to accompish alot of color.. I love my sp44 vics. One of the males is 4" is that a problem? Also I have some baby vics and red zebras are they going to get eatin? The ones Im getting are 1.25"

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
rrbailey5 said:
Thanks for your input. Im trying to accompish alot of color.. I love my sp44 vics. One of the males is 4" is that a problem? Also I have some baby vics and red zebras are they going to get eatin? The ones Im getting are 1.25"
I would hold off putting 4" fish in with 1.25" fish, until the fish get closer to 2" and are established.

Where are the baby vics and red zebras? You aren't planning on keeping the red zebras with the above fish are you?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was planning on putting the red zebras with the new tank.. They are half inch. only 3 of them. Is that not a good Idea? If its cause they are too small I can keep them with the vics they dont bother them. Would like to put all of them in together but the male 4" is top fish and can get aggressive. dont know if thats cause of the females cause he shakes it alot for them.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
The red zebras will easily hybridize with the Labs and/or the Cobalts... They'll also show above average aggression to both.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
3 of a mbuna is probably not a good idea in general

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you guys can come up with a better fish selection thats great.. I mostly want blue and some yellow, red would be cool too.. but need to not be expensive either. Thanks

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
You are pretty restricted with the 55 gallon aquarium.

An alternate option could be....

Labidochromis super red top Kimpuna
Pseudotropheus sauloisi (8)
Metriaclima callainos

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok thanks. I like the Kimpunas. LVD only has one. Im guessing that wouldnt be a good idea to just get one?Aslo why get the pseudotropheus sauloisi arnt they aggressive?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh is it a good idea to mix mbuna haps and peacocks or are u supposed to stick with just one? I cant find a good red one

·
Super Moderator
40,499 Posts
Not a good idea to get just one of a species if you are doing mixed genders in in the tank. Saulosi are not aggressive...probably even less aggressive than the callainos (cobalt). You can mix a red peacock with a small, peaceful mbuna like a yellow lab. Other than the yellow lab, better to stick with either mbuna or peacocks and avoid mixing. Keep in mind with peacocks only the one male is colorful.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The red/orange is pretty limited... but Fogel gave you a good recommendation

1 - 20 of 20 Posts