Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
125 gallon tank, could I hear recommends corncerning what type of Frontosa to stock Thanks

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Cost: from least to most: also the color of blue from the least to most:
Burundi type, tanz. type, zaire type.

Burundi type, including common 6 stripe, karilari, and burundi are the cheapest, the least of the blue in them, but the biggest of the hump.

Tanz. type, including mpimbwe, kilipi, and some others I can't remember has more of a electric blue on them. They are also more social or puppy dog behavior than any other type I have had. Though wild caught mpimbwe seems to have a much higher % of float problem.

Zaire type, best in deep blue to violet color. Best looking frontosa in my opinion. Kitumba, moba, and kapampa are the major variant of this type of frontosa. Though they cost the most.

You can keep any frontosa in a 125 6' tank. I say aim for 6-8 adults with 1-2 males.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Charles said:
Cost: from least to most: also the color of blue from the least to most:
Burundi type, tanz. type, zaire type.

Burundi type, including common 6 stripe, karilari, and burundi are the cheapest, the least of the blue in them, but the biggest of the hump.

Tanz. type, including mpimbwe, kilipi, and some others I can't remember has more of a electric blue on them. They are also more social or puppy dog behavior than any other type I have had. Though wild caught mpimbwe seems to have a much higher % of float problem.

Zaire type, best in deep blue to violet color. Best looking frontosa in my opinion. Kitumba, moba, and kapampa are the major variant of this type of frontosa. Though they cost the most.

You can keep any frontosa in a 125 6' tank. I say aim for 6-8 adults with 1-2 males.
Good advice! I agree with him :thumb: But I personally like the Tanz. type best. I like the true contrast in black/white/blue. Like these guys:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts