Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. I'm almost ready to put the aquarium on the stand. (used 220) However I noticed the surface the tank sits on has a slight low that runs in the center. It's roughly 1/8 of an inch. The material is 2 inches thick and over all in good shape. Do I need to change it out???

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I would run a long level across stand and tank. See if either is bowed. Then shim accordingly. :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tank is glass so I doubt it's bowed there. I did run a level from front to back in several spots and the low or dip is the whole length in the middle from side to side right in the middle. Also no back panels are installed yet so It's cant be from that

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I would still run a level on the tank just to be sure. You don't want to end up shimming the tank and filling it up and it turns into disaster. Your probably right about the tank nor being bowed but check to be safe. Is it tempered?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is tempered and weighs about 350lbs empty. So would be a bit tricky to check level. I wonder if running a sheet of Styrofoam would help. The debate on that is unclear if it's ok or not

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I would say Styrofoam sheet would be good. I would use 3/8 or 1/2 to sheet considering the weight it would be under. If it is tempered I wouldn't worrytoo much. I would try my best to get the surface level. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts