Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got my new DIY stand in the house today and got everything on/in it for now.

My 75g on top, along with 2 10g fry/QT tanks and other misc. junk inside already. :lol:

Not the most organized but WAY better that the last one.

Only thing I wish I would have done differently already is not the make the tank shelf on right quite so high and the one on the left not so low. I can get over that though. In the future sometime I will add a "power center" and possibly redo the shelfs but for now it is working out quite fine.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Until we move I dont really have much room to help me cope with my MTS so I needed to be creative. lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
So what would have been your ideal height for the two bottom tanks? Looks like the left is about 4" off the bottom and the other about a solid 12". Meet in the middle maybe, around 8"?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I were to do it all over again I would prob settle on the bottom of the tank to be about 8 inches. My plan was to make the one on the right high enough to store some of them little totes under it, but later decided it was good spot to put the hoses for WC's. The one on the left is at about 4.5 inches between the 2x4 and the 3/4 plywood on top. Also wanted left one lower for room for power strips above it.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Nicely done Ben. I'm in the design phase for a new tank stand that's going to look somewhat similar to yours as I need to fit two 10g's inside as well. :lol:
Pics couldn't have come at a better time ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
if you wanted a little more room under the 10 gal tanks you could have used 2x3 instead. not much room but another inch might help. but like the stand.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Well done!
I bet it feels good to get the project done!
Great idea to put the tanks on the shelves; you don't have wasted storage space.
So when are you adding the power center?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Looks good! Nice stain job. On the tote idea, depending on how much space you have between the inside of your door to the tanks underneath. You might be able to build a mini shelf on the backsides of the doors. Like the fridge has for ketchup and whatnots. That way you can get some of that stuff in bags out The way. :thumb:

·
Registered
554 Posts
I love your dechlorinator, looks just like mine :thumb:

Seriously, though, nice setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts