Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! I am looking for Malawi Peacocks and am not sure where to look in the St. Louis or Jefferson County MO area...Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Lisa

·
Super Moderator
40,891 Posts
Welcome to Cichlid-forum!

Check the Reviews section or post a Want Ad in the Trading Post.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I am new here....We have a 125 gallon tank and bought what we thought were Peacocks at our local store. We definitely have some peacocks, but they came from a mixed tank so really don't know for sure what kind, except for the 3 OB'S. I think we ended up with a few Mbuna's too....Should have done more research before buying, but the tank is big enough and has lots of rocks and logs, etc. and they are all young so no problems. We are getting ready to purchase another 75 gallon tank...This weekend and once it is cycled and ready to go...We want just peacocks. I have 19 fish is the 125 right now.

Lisa

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just sent you a PM about a good local shop. Research beforehand almost always pays off. Good luck with your tank. Just remember if WW3 starts breaking loose, always get rid of the bully, not the bullied. Even if he's the best looking one in the tank (usually the case), someone else will color up to take his place.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
granites2001 said:
I am new here....We have a 125 gallon tank and bought what we thought were Peacocks at our local store. We definitely have some peacocks, but they came from a mixed tank so really don't know for sure what kind, except for the 3 OB'S. I think we ended up with a few Mbuna's too....Should have done more research before buying, but the tank is big enough and has lots of rocks and logs, etc. and they are all young so no problems. We are getting ready to purchase another 75 gallon tank...This weekend and once it is cycled and ready to go...We want just peacocks. I have 19 fish is the 125 right now. Probably will leave it at that and concentrate on what to put in the new tank! Glad to have found this site!

Lisa
Welcome Lisa. I was glad I found this site too a few years ago. Some great info and resources. Good luck with your tanks and post some pics

·
Super Moderator
40,891 Posts
If you are going to combine peacocks in a tank go all-male because otherwise they cross-breed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts