Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have never had a square aquarium but I think the large footprint would make for an acceptional planting and small fish aquarium! I found a lady that wants to get rid of one but does not know how much to ask. Right now it is unfilled in a basement and comes with a hood and light only. She states its 5-6 years old and a 29gallon tank. She also states it is an oceanic (not a biocube or anything) but I have no clue how to confirm this.

How much do you think its worth?

Is there a way for me to tell if it is truly an oceanic tank like and inscription somewhere on the glass or a seem?

Do you think this would work well for a planted tank with blue eyed rainbows I know for cichlids people say squares and funny shapes are a waste because they really like the length but the footprint of a 29gal cube is bigger than the footprint of a 29gal reg.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Not sure of the dimensions of a 29g cube, so it's hard to say what it would be good for. Either way, it's not a huge tank so you are already limited on what you could do. Suggestions: planted tank as you said, shellies, or a growout.

Most people like to use the $1/gallon rule for used tanks. The equipment/stand could be worth more depending on what it is and how good of condition it is in.

You can sometimes ID the manufacturer of the tank by finding the build label. The label could be on the inside of one of plastic trim on the top or bottom. Or sometimes stuck to the bottom of the tank. I normally see them under the top trim on my tanks have them. The label may or may not have a logo or other information you could use to ID the manufacturer. It may also have initials of the employee who built the tank and possible a serial number.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.