Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 90g with an fx5 and a heavy fish load (25). Right now I am using the single output MOD The 90 sweep. And I have great flow and good water movement. Was thinking of doing a 36" spray bar MOD what U think as far as flow and water movement. Spray Bar or single output.

Thanks
Ligs

·
Registered
482 Posts
i prefer the spray bar to the single output but thats me. Why not try the spray bar see if you like it better or not then you have both on hand if you ever feel like switching it up

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The fx5 will go a full 72" with a spray bar. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Mixed feelings , here. I like the spray bar for spreading it around but it I find it more nuisance when the smaller holes stop up with algae and grunge. I don't get that nearly as much with a single outlet with a swivel deflector. Depends on how you like your pain.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok think going to make a spray bar and see how it works. One thing I cant find black pvc anywhere. I was going to spray paint pvc or cpvc what ever one I use .Will the spray paint hurt the fish?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Get regular pvc its cheaper and paint it with krylon fusion spray paint. Let it cure for a week so it is more chip resistant. Your local hardware store should have it all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts