Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a thread here a couple weeks ago and I thought it was a really good idea. A member made a DIY sponge filter using and enclosed loop with pvc that circled his tank with four sponges in the loop and two risers with his air pump creating the lift threw them for the water flow. Now what I am thinkin is to try in my new 75 setup I will try something similar but instead of the air pump I'll try a powerhead to power the sponge filter and hook the outtake to an UGJ system. Anybody have any experience with either of these.

·
Registered
286 Posts
So it sounds like you're basically doing a under gravel jet system with a spongy pre-filter. I haven't done it but I'm interested in seeing what you do with it...

Bump

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, basicly its gonna be a series of sponges around the tank, I'm thinking four in total all working off the same powerhead. Then returning through UGJ's. One thing I forgot in my original post I'm gonna use a screw on top container I found in series with the intake of the powerhead in which I'm gonna place some filter floss and other filter media to add even more filtration. Anyone ever try this before????

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One other question I have is what is safe paint I can use? I don't wanna have just plain white pvc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts