Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lamp speciosus. can it coexist with gold Occealltus. Was debating if I should get these. I dont want THem to trounce my golds. I will have them in 6 foot tank. Are they similiar in actions as Pearly occelatus??

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was wondering how big, how to take care of these. Scale 1 to 10 how hard. Can they get along with these gold ocellatus, transcritus gombies, caudopunctatus, and my biggest worry, Callochromis Pleurospilus "flame rainbow"

What is best way to care a breed these? TY :popcorn:

·
Registered
705 Posts
same rules as most shellies. i cant imagine mixing them is a good idea tho. the specious and the ocellatus are VERY similar and i wouldnt be surprised if you ended up with hybrids. add more golds to the tank maybe. GL to ya.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I agree they should be kept in separate tanks, and from what I understand, the speciosus are slightly more aggressive than golds or blues, so take that into consideration when deciding on tank size and group size.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wont get them, just checking before i Make my order. I like Pearly ocellatus better anyways, he just didnt have any. GOld and pearlys my fav shellie. Maybe multi as well, but he doesnt have those either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts