Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a 4 foot 240 lire (uk) tank which is currently stocked with 14 honghi Sweden for breeding. I wondered how many more I could stock in the tank successfully just so the tank looks more full and active. I have around 100 juveniles all at different stages but do have about 8-10 that are 2-2.5 inches that I could add right now.

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
What is the measurement from front to back? Not a full 18" which would be 285 litres.

I usually shoot for 15 in 48x12 and 20 in 48x18 but with hongi you might have problems with multiple males.

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
I would swap out 2 of the males for females and add maybe another 2 females to end up with 3m:15f.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so my next question. Would you put the two other male Hongis in my smaller tank. The other tank is only 100 long and 200 litres. It has a peacock OB, 4 adult yellow labs and now 5 Demasoni. The Demasoni came down from a group of 12 and the last adult male has been the aggressor the whole time. Not sure if this will work but thinking it saves trying to shift the honghi males on. Apologies if this now moves onto a different t topic slightly

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
Where are you keeping the 100 juveniles? I would sell the males in the existing tank and any of the 2" juveniles with the larger female juveniles.

I would not put hongi with peacocks, yellow labs or demasoni, no.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts