Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have quite a comprehensive planting list for my South American Discus tank, but can't find anything that would be good to tie to my wood as a small "feature" plant. Any ideas?

I already have HC Cuba growing as a carpet, I was thinking something like Java fern perhaps, but South American :-?

Cheers :fish:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Kuni, not sure if that's what I'm after :-?

I picked up some Anubias Nana today whilst shopping for bits for a 20l planted tank I have started as a "desk" project.

That's the sort of thing I am looking for for the 240l tank...in fact it might just end up in there anyway as plans are changing for that tank now :eek:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, there aren't any wood-growing plants from SA in the hobby right now. Southeast Asia has Java fern, and Africa has Bolbitis+Anubias, but that's about it. Aquatic mosses are found worldwide, though - you just have to pick the right species.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Having put one Anubis Nana in my Nano tank I decided the other would just have to go in the 240l :roll: It really is a great looking leaf, and will suit teh shady location in the hollow of my log :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.