Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just finished cycling my second tank I have a 55 full of lake malawi. My other tank is a hospital tank and now my 40 gallon is ready to go I plan on moving the 40 gallon to 100 gallon in about 3monthe to 6months. I plan on getting a jack Dempsey, a Midas, green terror and a red devil....I will add an oscar or two when the 100 gets it going on........ Will these fish live together. I plan on gettin all to start under 3 inches. One other thing what cats can I put with them?

·
Registered
308 Posts
What are the dimensions that's pretty small for all those fish. U could probably do jack dempsey, midas, and oscar and that's probably pushing it. If its a 6 foot tank then maybe

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
A 100gal tank is not large enough for all those fish. If either of the midas/RDs are male, there's a very good change it will take over the entire tank all on it's own. For example; I have two male midas, one a 14" adult and one a 10" subadult. Each one lives in their very own 125gal tank by himself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks 4 the 411.now my next question would be what american cichlids can I have alot of in a tank size to galloncould I do a jd a green and an oscar or would it be convicts and rams?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well u definitely couldn't do rams and convicts because the cons would just kill every ram because the cons are too aggressive. Rams are more peaceful. I think it would be ok if u put jack dempsey, green terror, and oscar together when it comes to bioload but ur jack dempsey and gt might fight a lot.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Cons are good with jd and Oscar. Just allow for own territories. Don't live feed the Oscar too often. My brother has a breeding pair in a 125 with two large oscars, very large Jack, Texas, parrots, and severum. No nipping. The Largest Oscar is easily 13 inches. Everythings fully grown except the second Oscar maybe only 8 inches.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for your addies... I have done more reseach now with the weekend being here..
Thanks and may all your bubbles be pure and your water fresh!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts