Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my tank set up for about a month. I just checked my chemistry and there's no amonia, no nitrites and about .20 nitrate.

I noticed one of my newer Pindani had a whiteish spot on it's head/side. I don't know what it is but I took it out of the tank and put it into a hospital tank just in case.
It could honestly just be running into a rock and needs time to heal...or one of you guya may know what it is.
It's not puffy or "cottony" so I dont think it's fungal but maybe it is.

Anyway, I just put some aquarium salt in the hospital tank so far. Maybe I'll throw in some general cure.

*Edit* Also, the temp of the tank is between 77 and 78.5

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,505 Posts
I've never seen anything like that. Bumping into rocks usually knocks off a couple of scales causing white spots. The pic looks shiny, like a burn?

I would not treat until you know what it is...meds can make things worse, especially skin irritations. If it is a scrape clean water will do the trick.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a first for me too. I put the fish in the hospital tank, doing daily water changes and throwing in some aquarium salt. Seems to eat just fine and is is moving around just fine. So I'll keep it in there for a while and see what happens.

Also, I'm not ruling out a burn. ****, it my be a masochistic fish and snuggled up to the heater to get a thrill.
Or, may just be a fish that is mentally challenged. Can't rule that out either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to give an update. Took some time but the Pindani seems to be healing/healed.

Other than my rusties and a few of the Pindani having a black spot by their gills... everything is on the up and up

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts