Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oscar just began eating food out of my hand. I was wondering if it could bite off/cut my fingers though. Never heard anyone talk about this and i really don't know lol.
Thanks.

·
Registered
369 Posts
bite off definitely not. I don't even think it could cut your fingers but they do have a ridged line that I *think* is bone but in the shape of small teeth. I've been bit before but never cut. Others may have more insight or other conclusions.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi babarian16,

Although not an Oscar, I have seen Red Devils bite and draw blood. Especially if they get you where your nail meets your skin. That being said, I would not worry too much about it.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok cool thanks alot. I just didnt want a lose a finger to my oscar lol

·
Registered
901 Posts
Defo not losing any fingers, but Bubbah has caught me on the back of my arm and drawn blood. Not much but he was REALLY mad a me hehe. He hates the gravel cleaner.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all mine are terrified of it lol, except the convict. Its like my tank is empty when the cleaners in there.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My oscar is a tiny fella around 4-5 inches but if I'm dropping food into his tank and dont move my fingers out of the way fast enough, he gets in a free nibble or two. Amazing that he's that chunky and can jump so high. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts