Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but for the moment i keep the female with the babys 2 days is it time to move her in the natural tank?

what about the nyasse i must leave it in a pvc basket with air pump , for 2 weeks and after i will strip or you suggest sommething else

my natural tank 4 aylonocara ruby red,3 nyasse yelow blue, 1jacobfreiberg ,4 altolanprologus compressiceps ,2 calvus,2 frontosa ,3 pleco, live rock dead,natural plants.

i can send you a video 26 mb but i can know how to upload.

if you want to ask me anything i will glad to reply

sorry for the hijack

greeetings from greece
larissa
evangelos 1969

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
With more than one peacock variant in a tank, you really can't trust any of the fry to be pure. If the jake is a male, he may very well have fathered both the clutches of fry.

Females will eventually eat their fry, so I would move her out of the fry tank as soon as possible.

Again, I wouldn't salvage fry from any of these peacocks, but I'm not sure what you mean by a "pvc basket"...Is this the same as a breeder net?

As far as stripping fry from the mother, I wait until they've been holding for 18 days.

Fry will develop more quickly in warmer water than cooler water. :thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cichlidaholic

thanks again for the reply

well the thing is that i decide to leave the lampithocromis caou... with the babys and i put together the female aulonocara in the 20 galons tank . i make 2 teritories with dead live rock with a lot of caves for the babys.

The first day i keep the light closed . The second day i open light only to feed the babys. For the moment no victim babys and the 2 female chose each one a territore as we can say.

But the females dont eat anything-------so for the moment i will wait for 2-3 weeks and then i try to strip aulonocara.

thank you for your time

evangelos 1969
greece

1 - 3 of 3 Posts