Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some images from my latest photo shoot. These models, while glamorous, DO NOT take direction well. At all.

Although, this holding hara did smile when I asked.

Fry playing peek-a-boo

Proud Papa

Teeth

Lab fry playing peek-a-boo

Hara fry in growout, look at the size of that eye!

And a VERY short video of hara fry in a growout.

Thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Nice close up shots! That first one is kinda scary. Reminds me of the movie Alien.

What's the blocks of food for the fry consist of?

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
I'm going to have to make the long drive east one of these days so you can help me with my photography. I have the fish and the camera , but unfortunately not the talent. :oops:

·
Registered
530 Posts
wow those are great! enjoyed it!

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chester B said:
I'm going to have to make the long drive east one of these days so you can help me with my photography. I have the fish and the camera , but unfortunately not the talent. :oops:
lol, anytime, Chester. We could even meet halfway. I'm sure noddy or zimmy wouldn't mind us showing up unannounced. :D

Iggy Newcastle said:
GTZ said:
Thanks guys. The fry food is Repashy gel food, Soilent Green.
Thanks. Another question :) How long do you leave the blocks in the tank for them to graze on?
I don't take them out actually. The food is gone usually within 5 or 6 hours if that.
I need to take some video after the food has been in the tank for an hour or two. You wouldn't believe the size of the bellies on these little guys.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Nice shots!
That first picture reminds me of the smile on the grinch.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
GTZ....superb shots of your fish. Wow...I just got a new camera but have so much to learn. Looking forward to some day getting some great shots like these. You inspire me...thank you!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Amazing shots... I like the peek-a-boos :)

And the hara fry is so nice and light blue colored... just goes to proove me mine definetly aren't hara's but some other kind of cynotilapias...hehe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Who is this gorgeous fish,please?
I am very new to cichlids and 5 fish stores I have browsed have nothing exciting like that. Local CL ads don't offer anyone I want so far, just the same old fish (often too big for my 50g work in progress).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Cool pics!!

1 - 20 of 104 Posts