Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pg[/IMG]Male Magara. Cant wait for him to start forming a pit. This guy is nice when he displays.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
C.F. Magara's will have there own tank soon. This is a 135 gallon.

11 C. Foae Magara
6 Cyp. Sebwesa
2 Alto. Calvis Congo Black
5 Neo Meleagris
4 Juli M. Gombi
3 Spotted cats
2 Sailfin plecs
2 shrimp

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lace rock with some things I found around. I have a background but I pulled it down because for about an hour in the morning I get sun, (NICE). I have a video of the Furcifer I had building a pit in the sun but have to figure how to download vids on here. There is a list of fish above you.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Very nice, I'm amazed the shrimp survive, what kind?

The only way to do vids is to link them. I'd love to see a full tank video of this setup.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got a bowl shaped piece of lace rock, filled it with sand, elevated it and put 2 shells on it. It took the shellie some time to find it but the one who did loves it. Buried the shells and left his old spot....lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The shrimp are the Asian ones with the brown stripe on the back. Cant remember the name offhand. My camera started working for the first time in a 4 months so I took these quick....lol. I have to get a new one. The other video is old. It wasnt set up this way. It had the C. Fucifer that I had before. I new they would eat ghost shrimp but these guys are big. About an inch. They learned to let them around to clean up. Even the shellies dont bother them now. That was a surprise.

·
Registered
482 Posts
i like the shell "condo" to was actually staring at my tank last night and was thinking about doing something like that if i could find the right rocks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Go to a landscape place and look for laced rocks. They always have some bowl shaped rocks. And theyre light. Also cheap. :) Just make sure you soak them good because they have dirt in them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts