Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pair of Northern Uruguay "Saxatilis" and some of their tankmates, a C. Celidochilus and a group of Lugubris types from Columbia.

Thanks for looking :D

Ray

·
Registered
275 Posts
Those are some great pictures, and some nice looking pikes you have there! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi RayQ,

Great images. I especially like the last one; specifically, I like how the pike is horizontal versus up looking (the up looking pikes are waiting for a pellet I assume, I am sure is s hard to get a good shot without tempting them with food). The "yawning" image is great as well.

Is the last image one of the "group of Lugubris types from Columbia"? How many are together? What size are they now? And what is their typical max length?

Again great shots, thank you for sharing.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mlancaster said:
Hi RayQ,

Great images. I especially like the last one; specifically, I like how the pike is horizontal versus up looking (the up looking pikes are waiting for a pellet I assume, I am sure is s hard to get a good shot without tempting them with food). The "yawning" image is great as well.

Is the last image one of the "group of Lugubris types from Columbia"? How many are together? What size are they now? And what is their typical max length?

Again great shots, thank you for sharing.

Thanks,
Matt
Thanks for the kind words. They are very active fish and tempting them with food only causes debris in the water :lol: These guys just always seem to be taking shots at each other, so, are often looking up.

That last one is infact the "Lugubris" from Columbia, I would assume that they are going to get to the 12-14" range, I have five of them together at the moment, from 5" to 7" now. . . they are peacefull with each other for now :thumb:

Ray

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NorthShore said:
Veddy veddy nice, Ray. :)
Thanks Gerry, I am going to have to start looking for more "action" type shots now that I am getting the hang of the new tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts