Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me what you guys like better.. Now that I see them side by side i may actually like the original better :oops:

I painted the background black and added an Aqueon Circulation pump which i didnt have before and removed my 3d background, tree stump and added more rocks..

The after pic water still isn't crystal clear yet, so it may not look as sharp as it should compared to the befores.. I do like the all black though, it really gives it depth..

The good thing is if i want to go back to the 3d background i can just put it right back in and cover the black, so not a huge deal.

What do you guys think?

Before:

After:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, :thumb: so you like the all black then better? I think once i get my Canister filter and an inline heater it will look even better without the filters hanging down in the back. I'm actually going to be moving to the 125g, and will do pretty much the same setup in it, with a ton more rock tho and a **** load more fish haha.. I have about 18 in the 55 now although it doesn't seem like that many they are hiding in the rocks.

i live in Schaumburg.. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
i have a feeling ur tank is gonna look sweet lol i live in plainfield incase u havent notice due to the thing under my name possible updates when you u get tht stuff?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will update once i get the tank, will be probably a month or so before i get it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
coool im thinking of a 40 gallon breeder since i dont have much room in my room and its my first cichlid tank but i have a 55 community a 10 community and 2.5 betta sooooooo

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lot of tanks lol.. good luck sounds like a fun project.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aquarium adventure in hoffman, love that place.. lot of high quality stuff plus 10% discount if your a member .. never had a problem with any fish.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually their prices are cheap compared to a lot of the other private places

·
Registered
89 Posts
Aquarium Adventure way overpriced and alot of hybrids!!..Did you guys ever try local breeders? I personally have 40 tanks of cichlids and live in Oswego,IL...Try checking out the classifieds on gcca.net....it's The Greater Chicago Cichlid Asc...They even have an auction coming up on Jan.16.......... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info.. I haven't had a problem with hybrids from them yet and I've always found them to be cheap compared to private places. Their current stock I will admit is bad but summer time they had a lot of nice fish.. do you sell will?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dude wow this site is great :thumb: and cheap, wow.. never knew all these local breeders existed.

Looks like some purchasing is in order this weekend lol :lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes I sell...if you look on the gcca site in classifieds find one thing I'm selling say Astatotilapia obliquedens and click on my name Wilpir and all my ads will pop up..probably have 22 out of 40 tanks growing out fry..AA is in no way cheap!! I once saw a male peacock there for $89.95 each and was a Hybrid!! right now I have adult Benga males for $12..fry at 1" for $2 just for your info... AA can no way even with their 50% off sale beat the prices of local breeders as well as the quality!!! :D :thumb: :fish:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
found a guy in schaumburg with Ruby Reds, niceee they look good. seem a bit expensive tho

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bought it at a local shop Aquarium Adventure it's made of some synthetic rubber material, with magnets on the back of it.. They are 3D backgrounds, some of them stick way out but are very expensive. I think that one was $89.. *** seen some upwards of $250

·
Registered
89 Posts
If looking for a specific fish use search in ads you'll find Ruby Reds way cheaper..the guy your speaking of is new and yes way overpriced..there's breeding groups for half of what he's asking for!!! :popcorn: If you need more info just email me (no pm) and I'll give you my cell #....always willing to help a nooby! :D :D :D [email protected]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.