Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 36G bowfront with nothing but a rubberlip pleco in it right now. Can i move the babies in there or would i have to take the rubberlip out first?

I have a 10G that I was thinking of raising cherry shrimp in. If I were to do that, would it be ok to move the babies in there?

Do I need to have an empty tank to raise the fry in?

Sorry for phrasing this post in test question form lol. :oops:

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
You can keep the fry with the pleco, I have plecos in all of my fry tanks... You're going to need to feed the snot out of them in order for them to survive but I wouldn't keep more than 25 or so in fear of finding them a home... Unless you have a wholesaler to take the spawn to...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers guys.

I certainly dont want more than 25 since I would be stuck with them. I once called up my LFS last time they mated and they sounded completely disinterested when i asked if they wanted some. My only option woulld be to let my Oscar take care of them... :drooling:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so i moved the lil guys into my 36G tank last night. After I did that, I realized i should have prob taken the gravel out as they seem to want to hide deep in it and get stuck. :?

When i woke up this morning they were no longer huddled bettween the gravel and the front glass and i only saw a couple or so. I'm hoping they were just in a new hiding spot and didnt become a snack for the pleco or wind up in the filter.

Thefishguy, when u say "feed the snot out of them" can you give me some details. I have flakes that Im crushing into powder but how much should I give them and how often? :-?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok 2 questions.

1. The link you provided shows brine shrimp eggs but you said brine shrimp. Does it matter which one I get?

2. Any tips on doing water changes while not sucking up the fry? :fish:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I concur on the decapsulated brine shrimp eggs. They're working wonders for my little guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts