Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week I lost my soul Tropheus and think it was because of the diet . But here is my stock going forward I do not want to make the same mistake again in loosing another fish . Currently my stock is one red zebra , blue cobalt , 3 altolamprologus comps , 4 Julie marlieri , 1 Burtoni , 4 Victorian neyreai , 1 pleco , 2 Cory cats . Sorry for the misspelled words but word check isn't helping me now. The tank is stocked heavily with rocks and I've a dozen Anubias and java fern plants. So would this set up work ?

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
What are the dimensions of the tank? What was the original stock and have other fish died? Do you have an illness? In my experience illnesses can be caused by stress.

I am not convinced diet was the cause, although I do think the diet was not ideal for tropheus. For example, a diet including bloodworms could have contributed to stress but hard to imagine that was enough to kill the fish without other factors contributing as well.

If it were my tank I would choose one lake and rehome the cories. If you choose mbuna, I would choose between the red zebra and blue cobalt since they are both Metriaclima and both solid colored fish.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
75 gallon , was the only fish that died . The original stock was the zebra's ,pleco and corys . Then I added the neryia and the comp then the tropheus. But all others are fine.

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
I would keep the Tanganyikans and rehome the others.

With the mix you have, I would expect additional problems to occur.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts