Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
After over 6 months my multis finally decided to start breeding, and now they don't want to stop. I think three pairs have had two rounds of fry in just over a month. In addition to the original 7 I now have at least 30 babies (I think. Hard to count the little guys). I don't have room for a bigger tank at this point, nor do I really want to indiscriminately kill off the fry (if I can avoid it). Are there any other options? I can't sell or give them away until they're a little bigger. Will 3 months be enough time to get them up to shipping size? And in your experience, do they stop breeding once things get too crowded, or will they just keep at it?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Put in a few Synodontis to clean up for you. Just put it out of your mind that they eat eggs and fry and think happy thoughts as you see them swim around.

·
Registered
36 Posts
By looking back at when I posted a note saying my multies spawned, mine have been growing for nearly two months and the largest aren't but about 0.5" and probably smaller as they're terribly hard to measure. I'm curious to know when they can be shipped/sold too as I've got a lot of them. I mean, the saying "Breed like rabbits" needs to be replaced with "Breed like multies". :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would a comp (shell) fit in there??
I'll just let them be for now, see what happens. I have tons of filtration on the tank, so space should be the only issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts