Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some small F1 fry from a wild pair of new Red Spilurum type Cryptoheros. Cryptoheros Chetumalensis Rio Chahal

Wild Mom is a beauty

...Bill

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bill -(Monte SS), She sure is a beauty. You have very good taste in Cichlids :thumb:
Would you mind sharing, who is selling these little gems?

BTW, I was in Charlottesville recently. I went to Pete's Pets, saw what I believe to be your Nicaraguense juvies there. They looked fine, that pet store could use a little work though. lol.

One last thing, Are you planning on going to ACA convention in Washington DC? Always nice to meet fellow Cichlidophiles from the Old Dominion.

Take Care,
Ron
--------------------
6000+ Cichlid species, I can't have them all. But that won't stop me from trying.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I will not be going to ACA.

I sold Pete those Nics like 3 months ago. Dont think he sold many.

Pete just recently sold it and the new owner plans to fix it up. He wanted some HRP but has no room right now.

They came from Cavemart. I bought the last that he had. I will hook you up once they grow a little.

...Bill

·
Registered
912 Posts
I traded him some Crypto. panamensis for mine, he sent me enough that I can share them with a couple of other local breeders (taking some to them tomorrow night). They are pretty small, but very healthy. We'll have this species all over the midwest inside of nine months, I'll bet.

First saw photos of this population a couple of years ago on a more technical website. Wanted them immediately, of course.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
MonteSS said:
Got some small F1 fry from a wild pair of new Red Spilurum type Cryptoheros. Cryptoheros Chetumalensis Rio Chahal

Wild Mom is a beauty

...Bill
I know that particular fish! I've seen that picture on these forums before (I know this because I saved the picture on my iPad haha), awesome to find out it's Cava's, as I bought my HRP from him. Definitely a fantastic specimen, I guess I know I'm on these forums too much when I recognize a specific fish on sight. :lol:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya. Cava is a good guy. He is moving and cutting back on tanks.

Settlig in and exploring their new home.

...Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts