Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed some Yellow in my tank.
So I put 3 tiny Electric Yellow with my Adult Dem Colony :lol:
I've had 3 Demasoni hold, to only eat the eggs.
but I have 1 female holding for 14 days(crossing fingers) :wink:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rmiller said:
I would love to see pics. I am about to set up a lab/demasoni's tank myself.
Too bad I don't know how to load pictures? :-?
18 Dems
6 Petricola cats
1 Duboisi (Police)
1 Calvis
3 baby Labs
:fish:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do you know how to upload to Photobucket or Flickr? If so they have a link to copy and paste here on the forum. There is also an explanation in the photo section.

I'm sure someone could give you a link, I post from my phone so I can't link right.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I rock an evo. Although it does a lot I still can't post on forums the way I want. Kinda sucks but that's the price you pay to live in the sticks like I do.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
rmiller

Here are some pics of my Dem/Lab tank I have going right now. Still alot of juvies but I really like the colors and activity in there. I dropped a plastic heater clip in there the other day and didnt notice till I was sitting in my chair and looked up to see about 25 Dems and Labs all up in one corner checking something out. I had to see what was so interesting so I look and there it was floating in the corner behind my spraybar. Nosey little guys. Also if I toss the dogs ball in the air and catch it alot of them will follow it up and down! :lol:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
rmiller said:
Thanks Ben. They look great. How big is the tank? How many of each?
Its a 75g and have 16 Dems and 13 Labs in there. Gonna thin some out once they get a little bigger. Already have a couple that might be getting rejected so they will be going back to a LFS once I can confirm they arent gonna work out. Have 6 more Dem fry and 4 Labs about 1/2inch in a 20g long growing out now for replacements. Was duped into getting some electric yellows too, but luckily they seem to be the ones that are getting rejected so can trade them back in. Like the look of the black on them.

And thanks for the comment, and also love my EVO! :D

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
jordanroda said:
I'm dreaming of "CichlidStones"
I'm to cheap to pay $50 bux + shipping :oops:
That was my B-day present from my GF, lol. Her - "What you want for your birthday?" Me - "Umm.... How about a box of rocks." Her - :roll:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Yes the labs. I have an adult male I got from a breeder who is about 4.5 inches and he keeps singling out a couple but leaves the rest alone. The Dems could care less what the labs are doing and vice versa

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Only reason I have so many is I traded 12 of them and a 20 long for an old filter I had laying around. Couldnt pass that deal up and figured I would keep the best of the bunch and end up with about 8 or so.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So far so good.
The biggest tiny lab is cruising with my Dems :fish: the other 2 labs popping in out from there hidding spots :lol:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
xxbenjamminxx said:
jordanroda said:
I'm dreaming of "CichlidStones"
I'm to cheap to pay $50 bux + shipping :oops:
That was my B-day present from my GF, lol. Her - "What you want for your birthday?" Me - "Umm.... How about a box of rocks." Her - :roll:
Good idea! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I would think they will be fine. Just keep an eye on them but I have had some smaller ones in mine w/o a problem. My biggest concern is that we are getting nailed w snow right now (12-16 inches tonight) and praying the power doesnt go out for 2 days like last year.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
xxbenjamminxx said:
Only reason I have so many is I traded 12 of them and a 20 long for an old filter I had laying around. Couldnt pass that deal up and figured I would keep the best of the bunch and end up with about 8 or so.
Make it 1 male 3 females ( I like more blue n my tank) :drooling:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
xxbenjamminxx said:
I would think they will be fine. Just keep an eye on them but I have had some smaller ones in mine w/o a problem. My biggest concern is that we are getting nailed w snow right now (12-16 inches tonight) and praying the power doesnt go out for 2 days like last year.
Yikes,
hope u have a battery pump & a pack of D Batteries :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts