Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved fish that I ordered online on Wednesday, in the shipment I recieved:

8 maingano- 1.5"
7 snow whites 1"
5 acei 1.5"
3 bristlenosed plecos 1"

In the bag, 1 snow white was dead, but all other fish alive.
They went in my tank and all fish started exploring and looked well.
Next morning, 1 snow white was missing. That afternoon one was dead. Last night I noticed a 3rd snow white constantly in the rock work, laying on the gravel "panting." Tonight he is now missing. The other fish, including my 13 saulosi, maingano, and acei are all fine. Healthy apetites. Any ideas why my snow whites are dropping like flies?

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Any aggression signs? Hiding behind filter intakes or heaters? Watch them after lights out as well and try not to let them know you're there. I'd suspect either conspecific or maingano.
You're down to 4 socolofi now? Any other physical symptoms? Nipped tail fins? Water parameters all good?
I lost a few as well shortly after introducing a group of 7 juvies. Chalked it up to aggression from the dominant male as the rest are fine as well as all other tankmates. I think socolofi conspecific aggression is underrated. :?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was no sign of aggression, been watching them lights on and lights off. Even the maingano are "schooling" together. 3 snow whites left out of 6. There was some slight fin nippage straight from the bag, but it hasn't gotten any worse. I honestly don't think there is an aggression issues at this point.

water parameters are all fine

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
May have been just the stress of being shipped. Some fish are more sensitive. And with one fish already dead in the bag you may have had some ammonia in there that would have further weakened the snow whites.

Hope the rest of your fish continue to do well

Robin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts